Mr. Lee is an attorney who specializes in corporate and intellectual property law, transactions and litigation. His specialties include commercial contracts, software licensing, M&A, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and internet law. Mr. Lee began his career at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP in Silicon Valley, where he practiced law for six years. He has also worked at Fish & Richardson P.C. Currently, Mr. Lee is serving as Corporate Counsel at the Hewlett-Packard Company.
While in law school, Mr. Lee served as an intern at
the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office in Woodland, California
and a judicial extern at the Alameda County Superior Court in
University of California, Davis School of Law,
J.D., May 2002. Managing Editor, UC Davis Journal of International
Law and Policy (2001-2002). Moot Court.
University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
Economics; minor in Business Administration, May 1997.
Admitted to practice in California, before the U.S.
District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California, and
the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- "Selecting a Trademark," Business Focus & Foresight, January 5, 2010.
- "Complying with US Export Controls," Business Focus & Foresight, January 5, 2010.
- Co-author, “Is Anti-Dilution Protection for
Trademarks with ‘Niche Fame’ Passing Away in California?” IPLaw@manatt, Sept. 28, 2007.
- “The End of the STEALTH Trademark Saga,” IPLaw@manatt, June 2007.
- “Using Someone Else’s Trademarks as Keywords,” IPLaw@manatt, April 2007.
- “Guidance Issued on Unfair or Deceptive Acts or
Practices by State-Chartered Banks,” Martindale-Hubbell
Counsel to Counsel, April 2004.
- “Proposed Rules Promulgated By The Federal
Reserve Board To Establish More Uniform Disclosure Standards Under
The Consumer Protection Regulations,” Martindale-Hubbell
Counsel to Counsel, January 2004.
- “SB 186 – Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail
Advertisements in and to California,” BankingLaw@manatt, October 2003.
- Co-author, "Community Banks Look Ahead to
a New Stock Exchange Regime," Community Banker, May
- DEALNEWS.COM, INC. v. Newsroom Network, L.L.C. and MechaWorks, Inc., Case No. 10-CV-804-CLS (N.D. AL filed April 2, 2010) (Trademark infringement).
- Truong v. PTH Mfg. Inc., Case No. 109CV142171 (N.D. CA filed May 11, 2009) (Shareholder Derivative Action, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Complaint for Involuntary Dissolution of Corporation).
Representative Domain Name Proceedings
- [Plaintiff] v. Advanced Directory Inc. NV, FA0308000187426 (Nat. Arb. Forum Sept. 26, 2003).
- [Plaintiff] v. 24HourNames.com-Quality Domains For Sale, FA0308000187429 (Nat. Arb. Forum Sept. 26, 2003).
- [Plaintiff] v. Petrov Vasiliy, FA0506000489943 (Nat. Arb. Forum July 14, 2005).
- [Plaintiff] v. DMS Inc., FA0507000506852 (Nat. Arb. Forum Aug. 18, 2005).
- [Plaintiff] v. Jose Medina, FA0507000514959 (Nat. Arb. Forum Aug. 24, 2005).
- [Plaintiff] v. Kim Hyung-Gon, FA0508000528837 (Nat. Arb. Forum Sept. 21, 2005).
- [Plaintiff] v. EMKAYDesign dba rob king, FA0512000606124 (Nat. Arb. Forum Jan. 16, 2006).
- [Plaintiff] v. Bladimir Boyiko, FA0607000755733 (Nat. Arb. Forum Sept. 6, 2006).
- [Plaintiff] v. Anna Valle c/o A V, FA0609000791951 (Nat. Arb. Forum Oct. 26, 2006).
- [Plaintiff] v. Digi Real Estate Foundation, FA0610000829146 (Nat. Arb. Forum Dec. 15, 2006).
- [Plaintiff] v. Internet Revenue Services, Inc., FA0701000888715 (Nat. Arb. Forum Mar. 9, 2007).
- [Plaintiff] v. Hollywood Gym Inc. c/o Amilia Kochkomian, FA0702000912194 (Nat. Arb. Forum Mar. 19, 2007).
- [Plaintiff] v. Tim Kelly, FA0706000999572 (Nat. Arb. Forum July 3, 2007).
- Sale of Lantern Communications, Inc. to C-COR.net Corp. ($20 million).
- Sale of St. Dominic’s Hospital in Manteca, CA to Kaiser Permanente.
- Sale of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc.’s California-based institutional pharmacies to Kindred Pharmacy Services, Inc.
- Merger between Tectura Corporation and Integrated Application Solutions.
- Sale of Peak Data Systems to Tectura Corporation.
- Sale of Sensible Solutions to Tectura Corporation.
- Merger between Aston Business Solutions and Tectura Corporation.
- "The current state of the law concerning the purchase of a competitor's trademark as a keyword to trigger search engine advertising." Santa Clara University School of Law, APALSA Conference, January 31, 2010.
Besides his passion for practicing law, Mr. Lee enjoys working out, biking, hiking, fishing, reading and spending time with his wife Cinthia and daughters Jazmine and Josephine. His favorite quote is "If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it . . ." by Mary Schmich. His favorite recording artist is Chris Tomlin.